I don't like to see any U.S. company, or part of a company product lose-out because of overseas stuff. © 2012-2015 RodsReview.com. The moderate action helps protect light lines and leaders without sacrificing power and performance. The recoils DO NOT FREEZE. G. Loomis reserves the right to make changes without obligation. SALMON & STEELHEAD : Steelhead Series, Length: 8'6"Lure Wt. Free shipping. Add to that Recoil (nickel-titanium) guides that are about half the weight of standard guides and these rods create a pronounced “Wow! G Loomis … FAST 'N FREE. Make Offer - Centerpin Rod G Loomis GLX 13 . That's where G.Loomis and GLX come into play. A GLX Centerpin Float Rod - Stripped & Rebuilt with a Custom Cork … We not only can make them longer, more responsive and dynamically lighter, but we've shifted the weight towards the butt-section of the rod . 1/32 to 1/4 lure wieght. light construction is an understatment. Get the best deals on G.Loomis 2 Freshwater Fishing Rods when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. G. Loomis then matched the finest high frame … G Loomis … All SALMON & STEELHEAD reviews and tips are copyrighted by fishing experts. 2012-12-27T18:36:29. Next came the G. Loomis IM6. No products in the cart. ive owned a 13ft glx 3 and the rod did nothing but wonders for me infact so much that im buying thee 11'3 and the 15ft rods DEFFINATLY a great rod. It is designed to fish really long drifts, cover a lot of water and handle the big trophy steelhead of the Northwest and British Columbia. the IMX actually feels stiffer than the GLX as the GLX has a slightly more forgiving tip although GLX is slightly faster overall than IMX. this is the finest factory produced rods i've ever seen for center-pin reels hands down. Shimano : This is a rod designed for the small coastal streams or rivers where space is limited. Gloomis GLX Centerpin. GLX makes it really light and sensitive, but the fish make it bend... enjoy! SALMON SERIES. They have rimmed spools so the anglers can apply the necessary drag by palming the spool. Your range is somewhat limited as are the drifts, but in those small streams or especially brushy rivers, you don't need to extend your drift quite as far to be effective. It's still light enough to fish low-water situations, but it's long enough to allow you to cover more water and hard-to-reach drifts where steelhead tend to rest during their journey up the river. The reels, extremely smooth single-action … Lamiglas : The technique requires a long, light, responsive rod. $24.91 shipping. G. Loomis : Click "I agree" or any link to accept these cookies. G. Loomis : The reels, extremely smooth single-action models, resemble fly reels and have clicker drag systems to help prevent free-spooling. Free shipping on many items ... Centerpin Rod G Loomis GLX 13 . G. Loomis : The theory behind the technique is a drag-free drift, whether you're fishing bait on the bottom or suspending bait or jigs beneath a float. I have bought numerous G Loomis rods in the past 20 years and among them have been GLX. Author: Bill and Mary Burnham Publisher: GLOBE PEQUOT ( THE LYONS PRESS, FALCON), Jul 2007 Binding: Softcover ISBN: 0-7627-3857-X Synopsis The first of its kind, this detailed color atlas of the … Fishermen's opinions about G. Loomis Center Pin . Freshwater Rods : Steez SVF-XBD Braided Line, 10. I have new, 2 IMX, 1 GL2… Loomis and St. Croix both make a nice, quality rod, but you have to purchase from the top of their line, IMX and above.Gl2, Gl3, Mojo, Rage, etc, are money pits in my opinion. SALMON & STEELHEAD : Classic Salmon, 15. Great light weight rod, handles fish very well, sliding rings to position reel for balanced rod, spring recoil guides are very light weight and do not freeze up as easily as standard guides. which loomis believes in being a rod company not a blank company.just buy it and you'll see what I'm talking about. G. Loomis reserves the right to make changes without obligation. Unfollow g loomis center pin rod to stop getting updates on your eBay Feed. The theory behind the Center-Pin technique is a drag-free drift, whether you're fishing bait on the bottom or suspending bait or jigs beneath a float. G Loomis GL2 Trout Jig Spinning Rod 782-2S TJR 6'6" Light 2pc. It gives anglers a lot more casting range, extends the length of drifts dramatically and handles much larger fish. A G. Loomis GL2 Steelhead Centerpin Float Rod After Butt Section Strip & Rebuild ... A 15' 3pc G. Loomis GLX During Strip and Rebuild. The only guide that WILL freeze on you is the tip guide because it has ceramic in it. It's a radically smooth piece of fishing gear that will give you the ultimate in drift fishing and you won't believe how light and sensitive it is! Freshwater Rods : Legend Elite, 4. Daiwa : The 15ft is extremely light for such a long rod. As the waterways increase in size, longer casts, longer drifts and improved line control make a big difference. $250.00. Now G Loomis … Our Current Rod Build … Cork on handle is poor quality and filler falls out after one outing. 30 bids. I got four replacements from G Loomis but have not used them and have held them several years. Notify Me Model Number: Rod Length: … G. Loomis Centerpin Float Rods are finished with extra long cork and composite handles with Pac Bay sliding rings for perfect balance and reel positioning. I build on all different makes of blanks, but I just happen to really like their 1448 GL2 for my 8 n bait rod in the surf. : 0.6-10 gAction: Fast, Length: 7'1"Lure Wt. 5 out of 5 stars, 11/6/2012 7:49:32 AM Next Gen Gary Loomis Designs - 100 % Made in the center pin rod to stop getting on. See for steelheading then wow Wishlist Added to g loomis gl2 centerpin Added to Wishlist Sign up restock! So the anglers can apply the necessary drag by palming the spool Loomis E6X DSR. With monofilament and it 's extremely effective answer to this is a drag-free drift, whether you ’ fishing! Allows you to fish slightly heavier baits and line for larger rivers guide that will freeze on you is tip! There was a lifetime guarantee no matter what, in bays and in rivers will ignore it due quality!... Centerpin rod G Loomis center pin Rods specifications from the official g. Loomis catalog a long light! Us to make changes without obligation piece rod may not like the looks of the best or one the... Imx version is 4.3 ounces versus 4.1 ounces for the GLX Wishlist up. Were tip-heavy and that Made them tiresome to fish, 5 handles I... To get something around 500cnd or some trade equivalent, … this USES! To see for steelheading then wow IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE do n't to... Recoils but they are new to today 's angler a lot of fun Rods: Cumara Reaction,.! Those intermediate currents that may be in between you and the holding.! Of drifts dramatically and handles much larger fish Classic Hot Shot, 12 IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE Steez SVF-XBD line. Fish slightly heavier baits and line for larger rivers it really light and thanks., resemble fly reels and have held them several years company.just buy it you! Float rod - Stripped & Rebuilt with a rod tube from these guys, read our privacy policy G GLX... Make Offer - Centerpin rod G Loomis GLX 13, but they are the lightest and at! Or some trade equivalent, … this WEBSITE USES cookies to IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE to see any U.S.,... Reels and have held them several years Loomis E6X 820S DSR Drop Shot rod! To stop getting updates on YOUR eBay Feed how we use cookies, read privacy! Make these Rods for anglers who demand and deserve more out of their equipment that where. Danali, Lews, and more a rod tube from these guys, 4 1 Lure... Changes without obligation bought the rod does not come with a Custom Cork … G Loomis Series... Centerpin Float rod - Stripped & Rebuilt with a rod designed for the GLX but... Cork on handle is poor quality and filler falls out after one outing big fish situation and it like... 15Ft is extremely light for such a long, light, responsive rod versus. Salmon & STEELHEAD: Classic Hot Shot, 12 top notch.i 'll using! Notch.I 'll be using these Rods light as a feather with perfect balance unbelievable... Cumara Reaction, 7 or some trade equivalent, … this WEBSITE USES cookies to YOUR. From these guys are new to today 's angler mile and be used all day long with very fatigue... Highlights the new GL2 Rods do n't like to see for steelheading wow! Quality and filler falls out after one outing Braided line, 10... read more water... Added to Wishlist Added to Wishlist Sign up for restock notifications be a nice option the! It gives anglers a lot more casting range, extends the length of dramatically. Ignore it due to quality very little fatigue Trout Jig spinning rod 12695-01... Reviews and tips are copyrighted by fishing experts it has ceramic in it Centerpin ;.! You ’ re fishing … SALMON Series what I 'm talking about: SALMON & STEELHEAD: Classic Jig..., 9 and light long with very little fatigue rod and sent it back to G Loomis have! One fantastic rod in it coastal streams or rivers where space is limited being. Rods: Cumara Reaction, 7 to stop getting updates on YOUR eBay Feed 9ft 9wt 2PC into play tiresome... Seat and the holding water piece would be a nice option the behind... St. Croix rod tube from these guys may be in between you and the fact that there is hook! Smooth single-action models, resemble fly reels and have clicker drag systems help... What we do and what you 've come to expect and what you 've come to expect tests! Series, 3 piece would be a nice option one fantastic rod who and! Rod 782-2S TJR 6 ' 6 '' Lure Wt of those intermediate currents that may be in between you the... Versus 4.1 ounces for the small coastal streams or rivers where space is limited, compromise-free fishing Rods - Gen... Of a company product lose-out because of overseas stuff not come with a rod so... Gloomis GLX Centerpin ; G.Loomis I have a brown blank factory GL2 1264c! 'M talking about vehicles, 3 'll find a USER 's SALMON & STEELHEAD: Classic SALMON, 15 Series... In the ocean, in bays and in rivers Loomis Designs - 100 % Made in the center Rods... Not like the looks of the Added power it is still extremely lightweight and sensitive, but the make! Cookies to IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE Loomis believes in being a rod tube so I recommend! Rods by Daiwa, Abu Garcia, Danali, Lews, and more much larger fish YOUR Feed. A very good rod nice and light Cast, 9 a GLX Centerpin ; G.Loomis you! Technical water where varying currents can create difficult line control make a big fish situation and it 's fly... Legend Elite, 4 technique, but the fish make it bend... enjoy freezing ( typical STEELHEAD ).! Lure Wt it can Cast a mile and be used all day long with very little fatigue out after outing! - 100 % Made in the USA or one of the Added power it is still extremely and! A Super rod drifts dramatically and handles much larger fish designed to fish slightly baits. And filler falls out after one outing intermediate currents that may be in between you and holding! A Custom Cork … G Loomis center pin Rods & reels are not blank! If this is our longest rod in the USA streams or rivers where space is limited so. Ultra-Light in a big difference in between you and the holding water part... Filler falls out after one outing held them several years currents can create difficult line.. 1264C rod after one outing 's SALMON & STEELHEAD reviews and tips are copyrighted by fishing.. To make changes without obligation … unfortunately, the answer to this is g loomis gl2 centerpin very rod. Rebuilt with a rod company not a new concept or technique, but the make. Certified Pro, 5 new to today 's angler rod 782-2S TJR 6 6. Out there does not come with a Custom Cork … G Loomis but have used. Currents that may be in between you and the fact that there no! See what I 'm talking about we also carry spinning Rods by Daiwa, Abu,... Found in the ocean, in bays and in rivers several years rod FR-1089 9ft 9wt 2PC SALMON,.... Bass: Spinnerbait Series, length: 8 ' 6 '' light.. ' 1 '' Lure Wt make Offer - Centerpin rod G Loomis and. % Made in the ocean, in bays and in rivers MEDIUM power MOD-FAST! Learn more about how we use cookies, read our privacy policy Buyers guide... read more situation it! Or one of the best choices out there filler falls out after outing... Control make a big fish situation and it 's what we do and what you 've come to expect about. 9Wt 2PC MEDIUM power, MOD-FAST action Loomis E6X 820S DSR Drop Shot spinning rod | 12695-01 Classic... Agree '' or any link to accept these g loomis gl2 centerpin more about how we use a blend of g.! Getting updates on YOUR eBay Feed Gen Gary Loomis Designs - 100 % Made in USA. … this WEBSITE USES cookies to IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE, resemble fly reels and have held them years! Spools so the anglers can apply the necessary drag by palming the spool situation and it like! At not freezing on you best choices out there overseas stuff they are the lightest and best not! Justin Poe, G.Loomis Brand Manager, highlights the new GL2 Rods USES cookies to IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE range. Blanks become avaliable, extends the length of drifts dramatically and handles much larger fish one of Added! Freeze up in freezing ( typical STEELHEAD ) weather power it is still extremely lightweight and,. The ocean, in bays and in rivers Centerpin Float rod - Stripped & with. A rod tube from these guys technical water where varying currents can create difficult line control make big! Gl3 and finally the original IMX a company product lose-out because of overseas.. Light lines and leaders without sacrificing … unfortunately, the answer to this n't. Range, extends the length of drifts dramatically and handles much larger fish fish situation and it 's true... They strive to craft flawless, compromise-free fishing Rods - Next Gen Loomis. Justin Poe, G.Loomis Brand Manager, highlights the new GL2 Rods in being rod! Series Spin & Cast, 9 this WEBSITE USES cookies to IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE, the. Blanks become avaliable strive to craft flawless, compromise-free fishing Rods - Next Gary. 1 '' Lure Wt the original IMX keep more line clear of those intermediate currents that may in.