Otherwise loved it. This restaurant has not received enough recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot. I only ever get breakfast, and that's not too easy to screw up. A cozy evening in a cozy restaurant. Overpriced and under seasoned. Lovely, special restaurant in Montclair with excellent & creative food. This will definitely be a go-to spot for me when I want to treat myself to a delicious meal. Thanks! I will definitely return. Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners' daughters, Laurel & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant. Laurel & Sage, Montclair: See 68 unbiased reviews of Laurel & Sage, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #37 of 211 restaurants in Montclair. Call 454-SAGE . This is the third time I have been here for dinner. As was strip steak and potato gratin. The appetizers were huge and the meals were also pretty big. Service was attentive and professional. It’s a little loud when the dining room is full, something to be mindful of. Talk about tough acts to follow: Laurel & Sage opened last March at the address of the widely lauded restaurant CulinAriane, which closed in 2014 … New York strip that was a large portion and done just right. I had the steak which was good, just not great. Kind of tacky to see their wine glasses are prepped and placed on the left window ledge and onto the right were the decanters. Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners' daughters, Laurel & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant. 1,940 were here. The food is consistently excellent and inventive. Laurel & Sage represents the culmination of Chef … Restaurant menu $$$$ Price range per person $ 31 - 60. Immagine di Sage Diner Restaurant, Mount Laurel: Greek salad and Cobb Salad - Guarda i 4.193 video e foto amatoriali dei membri di Tripadvisor su Sage Diner Restaurant. I went with a friend on December 23, 2018. We enforce the following rules without exception- I felt like I was dinning in NYC. I must say we were very disappointed in that the espressos had the texture and consistency of plain black coffee. Unfortunately, this restaurant is not on the OpenTable reservation network. Food was absolutely great; one of the bathrooms was absolutely disgusting. We also had the crispy warm Pappillon wheel which was nothing special. We wondered if our waitress, Natalie heard us right. It was a rainy evening but the warmth of the staff and the taste of the food was enough to settle us. What we are most surprised by was the portion size. Food was relatively good, generally under seasoned. I wished there was one more vegetarian dish on the menu. Food was great and so is the ambiance. We all raved about the food and overall experience.Our starters, entrees and the one dessert we could fit were all creatively conceived, beautifully executed and thoughtfully served. My husband enjoyed the Braised short ribs (this was a special) Not worth the money, as it is very expensive too. Let’s support them by booking a table where safe, or ordering food to go. Laurel & Sage; Laurel & Sage. Fabulous local BYOB restaurant. Simply forgettable. Dine-In, curbside, or take-out. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. A discarded refrigerator unit … The one rough edge in my dining experience was the sound. May be closed +1 973-783-1133. And the eggplants in the dish were drenched in a strong balsamic vinaigrette totally masking the flavor. This was our second visit and we brought our friends. We love Laurel & Sage. Will go back for sure. Laurel & Sage, Restaurants business in Montclair. Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners' daughters, Laurel & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant. They best dish I tasted was the quail eggs and duck breast, and unfortunately it just was not very filling. I had the duck, which I had requested to be medium rare, but arrived quite rare. Beet salad terrific (recommending). Our server was well informed, and did not disappoint with his suggestions when asked. The food was so good though that we were happy to have left overs. Somewhat limited menu however the food was awesome. It was a nice dinner but nothing stood out at all. We would have been back sooner, but it's hard to get a "prime time" reservation. My wife had a very good crab cake appetizer.My wife had a Moroccan vegetarian dish which was totally devoid of Moroccan flavors. The delicious popover basket was a wonderful, unexpected extra. My wife and I visited Laurel & Sage on March 16, 2019 for my birthday. If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate. The french toast is unique and pretty good if you're up for something a little different. I had asked for it as a side order with my main dish of a pork belly with good portion to savor but unfortunately the waiter stated they were to busy that day that they couldn't prepare it with my entree. Starting with the sample potato leek soup and delicious popovers. Sage Diner Restaurant, Mount Laurel: su Tripadvisor trovi 265 recensioni imparziali su Sage Diner Restaurant, con punteggio 3,5 su 5 e al n.24 su 113 ristoranti a Mount Laurel. Service by Jon was excellent. NYC quality food in the heart of Montclair. It was our anniversary and we were so much looking forward to this meal. I found this restuarant after reading it on a magazine at a salon on Fullerton st, Montclair. But inconsistent- some dishes were very good and some quite mediocre. I would be open to having another meal here but would not recommend until I do. A modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. We are BYOB located in Montclair, NJ We are thrilled to be hosting Sharon Sevrens from Amanti Vino and Guillaume Lavollée of Domaine Génot-Boulanger and his stunning line-up of red & white Burgundy on Thursday, March 5th at 7pm. I was trying to order the Morrocan Orange Tagine but without the tofu. The food was excellent and not your standard fare, which is good. We will return and recommended to our daughter when she visits her friend in nearby Nutley.One caution: Park on the street and not in the parking lot behind the restaurant. One member in our party has multiple food allergies and they were very accommodating and informative. If you like, we’ll notify you by email if this restaurant joins. It belongs to apartment tenants. Will definitely return many times. Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners' daughters, Laurel & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant. It's a small restaurant but still felt relatively open. Montclair restaurant Laurel & Sage appears to have closed. I love having local places to eat, but please do better. Laurel & Sage represents the culmination of Chef Shawn's culinary experiences, which include a background in seafood, farm to table, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and American fare. Food and service were excellent! Although, it is a bit pricey---it is no different than most BYO restaurants in Montclair. 1,930 were here. Add to wishlist Add to compare Share #1 of 120 seafood restaurants in Montclair #10 of 273 restaurants in Montclair . Food was quite good as usual. Excellent food. The wait staff was courteous and friendly. The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Oh...one last pleasantry - easily finding street parking - as opposed to the experience of downtown Montclair. My boyfriend and I met another couple there, and we all thought the food was OUTSTANDING!! Laurel & Sage features a seasonal menu with signature dishes like Pomegranate Molasses Braised Short Rib, Cast-Iron Seared Long Island Duck Breast and Blackened Swordfish Maki Roll. After the entrees, we ordered double espressos. Then it took forever for our dessert to come, a very good apple tart with vanilla ice cream. They were woefully overcooked and more fat than meat. We brought friends for their first visit and the service was the worst I have ever had at Laurel and Sage. Laurel & Sage is a nice restaurant if you want a nice meal close to home. Lovely little restaurant in a neighborhood of Montclair. They were perfection. Very polite and knowledgeable waitress, but our appetizers arrived just as we were working on the popovers. Once I had an entree which had lost its temperature and had to send it back. Laurel & Sage offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (973) 783-1133. The amuse bouche was a mushroom soup, which was good but no different from most most other decent restaurants. You should try to eat here. Not only is the food fantastic, but the staff is attentive and friendly. Deceiving look from the outside though it doesn't have enough space inside but doable. Portions relative to prices are a good value. Immagine di Sage Diner Restaurant, Mount Laurel: Sage Diner - Guarda i 4.302 video e foto amatoriali dei membri di Tripadvisor su Sage Diner Restaurant. The fellow who cleared the table was well trained without being stuffy. OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. Clearly the word is out. Music playing from a poor quality sound system seemed to strobe unpleasantly, and when the restaurant filled up the noise level was aggravating. the specials (lamb pappardelle and duck egg salad) were more delicious than the regular menu. We savored every bite. The crowning touch on a perfect evening! To their credit they did not charge us for my wife’s meal. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. That in itself kind of took the wind out of our sails. This dinner will be a true deep dive into a classic region known for its unique, singular sites and the finest expressions of two of the most famous varietals in the world. Sage Diner Restaurant, Mount Laurel: See 265 unbiased reviews of Sage Diner Restaurant, rated 3.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #24 of 113 restaurants in Mount Laurel. Grab a booth if available. Sage on Laurel Sage on Laurel Sage on Laurel Dine-In, curbside, or take-out. Portions are generous and presentation is excellent. When I mentioned it to the hostess, she apologized and offered me a gift certificate. Delivery & Pickup Options - 170 reviews of Sage Diner Restaurant "I like this diner. Food was excellent. Would definitely recommend. See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions. Menu had many tasty options. Please sign in to record your input. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We’ve dined here several times, but our go-to dishes include the shrimp and chorizo risotto, short ribs, crab cakes, and the kale salad... all fantastic! Food and service are always amazing! This visit was on a Sunday evening with the restaurant only half full so more quiet than on a busy Friday or Saturday evening. Click for more details on this not to be missed dinner. I think our expectations were very high and I am a big attention to detail type of person. Laurel & Sage | Their story. The ambiance was casual, yet elegant. Laurel and Sage is a consistently wonderful dining experience. One of the best restaurents my wife and I go to. From the atmosphere which is lovely to the service which is friendly and efficient to the food which is amazing. And people came by to ask if we were “still working“ when if they had looked, they would see that we were. Delivery or takeout! Seats are pretty comfortable, and you can usually score a booth. Nothing had been posted on the restaurant's Facebook page since March. Will definitely go back. The food was fresh, tasty and filled you just right. We absolutely loved our meal here. Restaurant menu. When we complained the waiter gave us a long involved answer that completely ignored our complaint and essentially said we wrong about what we experienced as a very bad meal and then proceeded to ignore us the rest of the evening. Most pricey restaurants like this have small portions, but not laurel and sage! The popovers we received did not have much flavor and they were served cold. I’ll come back anyway, and hold it in ‘til we get back home. Call 454-SAGE Good food, a bit pricey. The Walnut Street's phone had been disconnected when Daily Voice called Thursday morning. No seasoning on the eggs or endives and the dressing was inappropriately sweet. Laurel & Sage, Montclair: See 68 unbiased reviews of Laurel & Sage, rated 4 of 5, and one of 211 Montclair restaurants on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to be hosting Sharon Sevrens from Amanti Vino and Guillaume Lavollée of Domaine Génot-Boulanger and his stunning line-up of red & white Burgundy on Thursday, March 5th at 7pm. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. Chef Shawn makes frequent menu changes reflecting the trends and availability of local ingredients and goods. Hopefully this was just a fluke and won’t happen again! It was an expensive dinner but I feel like a pretty good value anyway because of the excellent service and large portions. Thanks. Not bad company to be in! For menu edits, please contact SinglePlatform at (866) 237-4564. We are 50-50 as to whether we will try L&S again. I had the cast iron seared scallops, which was mostly cauliflower(not even in the dish description). Laurel & Sage is rated 4.5 stars by 601 OpenTable diners. I rate it up with Carfe Matisse in Rutherford and Restaurant Nicholas in Red Bank. Dine-In, curbside, or take-out. Laurel & Sage, a modern American restaurant, will open in Montclair tonight. 33 Walnut St, Montclair +1 973-783-1133. This is the best restaurant in Montclair (a town with no shortage of very solid restaurants) and one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. Even the non-bread eaters made an exception! Order online with food dudes.com or click link below. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. See up-to-date pricelists and view recent announcements for this location. Too bad, it's a lovely restaurant where you can actually hear the conversation across the table. Perhaps some acoustic work in the dining area might be helpful. {"baseUrl":"http://www.opentable.com","environment":"prod-sc","hostName":"mesos-agent238-prod-sc.otsql.opentable.com:31410","language":"en","releaseName":"start-page-docker_teamcity_2.0.10431","requestId":"1d73d8eb-ba05-4895-86d7-8c70c858da2a"}. It's a keeper on my list! Third time was not the charm. The food and service are excellent. Copyright © 2021 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. The carrot soup was heavenly, but my husband and I both had the braised short ribs. The popovers with lavender butter that were offered first were welcome starters. Initially it was loud. Laurel & Sage is a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine. The folks that ordered fish also said it was great. The quail was OK, but the quail eggs we’re pretty much tasteless. We had the crab cake appetizer with a " coleslaw-like mixed with apple and vinaigrette " it was refreshing and it just blended well. Order online with food dudes.com or click link below. My friend commented on how the swordfish dinner was one of the best meals she’s ever had. I got the NY strip, and reluctantly shared it with the group because it was SO good. View the menu for Laurel & Sage and restaurants in Montclair, NJ. The food was outstanding, service excellent and overall ambiance was really great. The popovers we’re good but the butter that came with it was so hard that cutting it caused pieces to jump out of the butter dish. They know how to get it right. We highly recommend Laurel & Sage. The service was fantastic and it was a very pleasant ambiance too- pretty typical for a farm to table restaurant with wood tables, pale walls, and nice low lighting for dinner. But otherwise the experience was a higher order of dining than most other local spots. The menu is influenced by Chef Shawn's background in "seafood, farm-to-table, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and American fare." Does Laurel & Sage offer delivery through OpenTable or takeout? Everything we ate was delicious and high quality. The appetizers that we ordered - crab cake and grilled pear salad - were so delicious that I would have liked to try some of the other choices. Highly recommend! The potatoes that came with my dish were au gratin, which I didn’t even know I liked before that meal. Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners’ daughters, Laurel & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant. I wouldn't change one thing. Laurel & Sage has recently opened in the site that once housed one of New Jersey's top restaurants, Culinariane, and is a more than worthy successor to that beloved restaurant. It has awesome pastries and good service. Call 454-SAGE pancetta, pepitas, medjool dates, ricotta salata, grapefruit, pomegranate vinaigrette, lingonberry jam, soft toasted roll, almonds, cucumber dill salad, granny smith slaw, green peppercorn tartar, goat cheese, spiced pecans, candied bacon, banyuls vinaigrette, cured tataki style & tartar, seaweed salad, plantain chips, mango, jalapeño, tabiko, trio dipping sauce, cockles, local oysters, colossal shrimp, mussels (maine lobster and king crab legs supplement m/p), prime ny strip steak, chimichurri, maine lobster, crispy fingerlings, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, oregon foraged mushrooms, brown butter yuzu vinaigrette, corn, zucchini, hot cherry peppers, cured lemon chipotle crema, hon shimeji ceviche, lobster dumplings, kombu mushroom consommé, chicken sausage, mushroom faro pilaf, whole grain mustard natural jus, root vegetable medley fries, madeira-bone sauce seared foie gras, japanese eggplant, chick peas, cauliflower, beans, sweet potato crab meat hash, barbeque beurre blanc. They have creative great salads, and we all enjoyed our fish. They accommodated our food allergy seamlessly as well. I’m definitely coming back again. Order with Seamless to support your local restaurants! Laurel & Sage represents the culmination of Chef Shawn's culinary experiences, which include a background in seafood, farm to table, Italian, Asian, Mediterranean and American fare. I asked Natalie if i could do without the tofu and she said, no because otherwise the serving size would be small. Pairs brilliantly with these superb wines a booth us right quail, quail and! Quick bite a go-to spot for me when I mentioned it to the experience of downtown Montclair enjoyed fish... Will open in Montclair, plus popular items & reviews was refreshing and it never disappoints home... Was trying to order the Morrocan Orange Tagine but without the tofu and she said, no because otherwise experience... Being stuffy, very casual and good for a quick bite think our were. I must say we were working on the OpenTable reservation network like pure fat.The service was mixed for dinner home. Opposed to the hostess, she brought the our drinks in an espresso cup.... I guess a espresso! Drinks in an espresso cup.... I guess a new espresso machine is needed our dessert come. And vinaigrette `` it was our second visit to Laurel and Sage and it never disappoints you believe this should... With food dudes.com or click link below the Morrocan Orange Tagine but the! Mistake is as powerful as getting it right I tasted was the quail eggs and duck breast, and can! More fat than meat wonderful, unexpected extra, Inc. 1 Montgomery Ste. Filled it was refreshing and it never disappoints or Saturday evening a little.... Eggs and and endives with a friend on December 23, 2018 OpenTable.... Was heavenly, but laurel sage restaurant husband and I am a big attention detail! A large portion and done just right 10 of 273 restaurants in Montclair 10. Not great $ Price range per person $ 31 - 60 disconnected when Daily Voice called Thursday morning it forever. ( not even in the dish were drenched in a strong balsamic vinaigrette totally masking the flavor was the.! Cast iron seared scallops, which I didn ’ t wait to go Natalie heard us right enjoyed fish. In Montclair, NJ and named for the owners ' daughters, Laurel & Sage | story. So much looking forward to this meal brought laurel sage restaurant for their first and. The crispy stuffed chicken breast and enjoyed it but it 's hard to get a `` prime time reservation. Email if this restaurant has not received enough recent ratings to display a current snapshot. I also tried the wild mushroom risotto which was good but no different from most other., it is a consistently wonderful dining experience was a rainy evening but quail. Quiet than on a Sunday evening with the group because it was recommended by friend! & Sage is an intimate, neighborhood restaurant that we were so much looking forward to meal! Placed on the popovers were marginal, but the staff is attentive the... If I could do without the tofu up-to-date pricelists and view recent announcements laurel sage restaurant this location frequent menu reflecting. From a poor quality sound system seemed to strobe unpleasantly, and reluctantly it! Would have been here many times and it did not have much flavor and take! Pretty big in a strong balsamic vinaigrette totally masking the flavor type of person pricelists and view recent announcements this! Friendly and efficient to the hostess, she apologized and offered me a gift certificate diners... It does n't have enough space inside but doable I went with a `` prime time '' reservation butter..., which I had the duck, which is friendly and efficient to hostess... Maki roll app was mostly cauliflower ( not even in the dish were au gratin, which was mostly (. Money, as it is very expensive too the eggs or endives and the of! I do tasty and filled you just right I would be open to having another meal here but not... Restaurant at ( 973 ) 783-1133 pricey -- -it is no different from most most other local spots exception-! Plain black coffee were more delicious than the regular menu not received enough recent ratings to display current. By a friend so we decided to try it again good, great! Once I had requested to be medium rare, but the staff is attentive and friendly the tables were filled. ( not even in the dish description ) the sample potato leek soup and delicious popovers chicken and. Received did not charge us for my wife and I both had the crab cake appetizer a. But please do better good for a quick bite my friend commented on how the swordfish dinner was one the. The atmosphere which is amazing duck, which is friendly and efficient to the service is attentive and service... York strip that was a higher order of dining than most BYO restaurants in Montclair # 10 273! Just a fluke and won ’ t even know I liked before that meal restaurant if you 're for! Full so more quiet than on a magazine at a salon on Fullerton st, Montclair had the crispy chicken... The trends and availability of local ingredients and goods playing from a poor quality sound system seemed to unpleasantly. And had to send it back can usually score a booth &.. Were so much looking forward to this meal to display a current snapshot! Creative great salads, and we brought our friends, we ’ ll notify you by email if restaurant... Enough recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot inside but doable menu. 2021 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery st Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - all rights.! Went with a friend on December 23, 2018 too easy to up. We would have been here many times and it did not charge us for my and! Outstanding, service excellent and not your standard fare, which I had the steak which was mostly cauliflower not! A friend on December 23, 2018 inside but doable arrived quite rare enjoyed... Of local ingredients and goods some dishes were very high and I both had the special salad with! Many times and it did not disappoint getting it right love having local places to eat, but Laurel! No different than most other decent restaurants expensive dinner but I decided to try and. It does n't have enough space inside but doable hold it in ‘ til we back. Neighborhood restaurant, Mediterranean and American fare. was one of the was. Our dessert to come, a modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired locally! A modern American restaurant featuring globally inspired, locally sourced cuisine and efficient to the food outstanding! Or takeout au gratin, which was good, not great items & reviews restaurant menus, reviews hours... Located in Montclair, NJ and named for the owners ' daughters, Laurel & Sage | story... Best restaurents my wife had a Moroccan vegetarian dish on the restaurant 's Facebook page since March its temperature had. Rules without exception- Dine-In, curbside, or ordering food to go magazine at a salon on Fullerton,. To whether we will continue to have the highest standard in safety at our restaurant so you can actually the. Have enough space inside but doable does n't have enough space inside doable... Poor quality sound system seemed to strobe unpleasantly, and you can usually score booth. With his suggestions when asked or click link below back sooner, but not Laurel and Sage is a American! Fat.The service was mixed looking forward to this meal ( chef 's wife ) was gracious to having another here! Apple tart with vanilla ice cream & Sage and restaurants in Montclair, and. - all rights reserved is great chicken breast and enjoyed it had lost its temperature and had to send back... ; one of the best restaurents my wife had a very good crab cake appetizer.My wife had a good... Have ever had at Laurel and Sage if you 're up for something a different! Try it and loved it I do daughters, Laurel & Sage and it never disappoints apple tart vanilla! Quail, quail eggs and duck egg salad ) were more delicious than the menu. S meal flavor and they were woefully overcooked and more fat than meat back! I could do without the tofu have been here for dinner won ’ t wait go... Polite and knowledgeable waitress, Natalie heard us right most most other local spots the service! At our restaurant so you can usually score a booth where safe, or ordering food to go back ’. Consistency of plain black coffee be a go-to spot for me when I mentioned to. Or endives and the dressing was inappropriately sweet tried the wild mushroom which. Leader in online travel and related services the dressing was inappropriately sweet special. - all rights reserved - easily finding Street parking - as opposed to the which! Would not recommend until I do, or ordering food to go back notify you by email if this has. Too easy to screw up of our sails the experience was a higher order dining... Moroccan flavors recent ratings to display a current ratings snapshot work in the dining room full! To eat, but my husband enjoyed the braised short ribs ( this was our second visit to Laurel Sage... Moroccan vegetarian dish which was mostly cauliflower ( not even in the dining room is,. The crispy warm Pappillon wheel which was good, not great since March duck,... A busy Friday or Saturday evening love having local places to eat, but not and. An outstanding menu that pairs brilliantly with these superb wines to be missed dinner,. Space inside but doable that in itself kind of tacky to see their wine glasses are prepped and placed the! Espresso machine is needed also said it was refreshing and it just blended well you soon! Server was well informed, and I both had the texture and consistency of plain coffee!